Boys thank you cards!
These were made after my son's 3rd birthday this year. I was trying to make something youthful and birthday festive without it looking girly or even too gender specific. I came across this polka dotted and plaid coordinating paper from a DCWV memories paperstack and thought it was PERFECT!
These were so easy to make (thank goodness because I had to make 15 of them!). The card base is from Gina K pure luxury ivory heavy weight cardstock. The card is 5.5 inches tall and opens from the bottom towards the top. The blue layer was another piece of coordinating paper from this stack. I cut the dotted paper and the plaid paper to where the plaid would sit on top of the dotted and overlap about 1/4 inch.
Next, I cut small pieces of brown tulled and kinda rolled them up into a straight line and wrapped it around where the plaid paper overlapped the dotted paper and secured it in the back.
Then I glued the whole thing down to the blue cardstock and then glued it to the ivory cardstock.
Next, I had these silver pieces that are by Lil Davis that I had picked up at a garage sale. This is where the green Flower Soft came into play. I had not a clue as to what I should put in the middle of this metal tag, so I saw the green Flower Soft and thought "well hey it matches" so I used some crystal laquer in the middle and dropped some flower soft on there with a green rhinestone (and if you have ever used crystal laquer youknow when it dries - NOTHING is coming off of there). I used a small scrap of brown tulle and looped it through the tulle wrapped on the cardstock and tied the metal tag down so it is actually hanging from the tulle.
The label was made but cutting a piece of the ivory cardstock using a set of nestabilities. Embossed it with the same die and then glued to burgandy cardstock and cut out around it. The sentiment was from an old set of clear stamps and the brown "outline" was from my lovely Waltzing house Mouse label stamps.
Using a piece of fun foam (yes I use fun foam and glue it to the back instead of using pop dots because it is MUCH cheaper and it actually pops the image up better without saggin in the middle) I glued the label down to the top.
This is the inside of the card.
These were really easy to make like I said before - the key is know how many you want to make and then work like an assembly line cutting all the materials you need and then putting them together all the same step at a time.
Hope you like it! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!